The osteopathic consultancy
The osteopathic consultancy online is essentially the best possible, creative adaptation of an offline appointment. It is easier for me in this respect, because from the very beginning I was interested in the possibilities of recommending something to the patient and home, which helps a lot in achieving a stable result of treatment.
- In the last five years, however, a conscious decision has been made to study in depth those methods that:
- have a reasonable system of diagnosis and verification of results
- have proven themselves in practice and are as safe as possible
- have a well-developed basis for independent use by the patient.
So, let's go through the main parts of my online consultation system
Quick testAn important part of starting a diagnosis, this allows you to roughly estimate the likelihood that you have the disorders that manual and physical therapy treats. While the disorders dealt with by the methods I use are the most common, other diseases should not be overlooked. On the other hand, one does not exclude the other, for example, the presence of a lumbar hernia does not exclude that the pain bothering the patient is coming from the lumbar extensor muscles.
Detailed questionnaireIt consists of several parts and actually repeats the collection of complaints, behavior of symptoms, medical history, checking the symptomatology of basic movements of different parts of the body and nerve tissues, as well as the possible influence of stress, anxiety and depression.
There are advantages to filling it out on your own - the patient is in the comfort of their own home and has plenty of time to leisurely think about the answers. Plus, this way we get a reference point against which we can compare progress in treatment in the future.
Call or video callThis is an option that gives you the opportunity to clarify and explain many points in person. Preferably after the questionnaire, but as indicated in the quick test, if there are too many positive answers or there are doubts, it is worth starting with a conversation. You can also just start our acquaintance with it if you wish.
Test movementsApart from the basic movement tests, there are a huge number of very different tests for different tissues and detecting disorders in them. At this stage they will already be given individually, based on the data in the questionnaire, to clarify and verify the presumed causes of symptoms.
Palpatory testsAs well as movements and test movements, they allow to confirm certain dysfunctions. For example, is it painful to press in this place of this muscle, how much, does the pain go somewhere else, and in this place the passage of this nerve, etc. Accompanied by anatomical illustrations and explanations.
Clinical tests from orthopedics, neurology and other fieldsThis also includes additional clarifying questions to help assume or rule out certain dysfunctions or diseases. In other words, differential diagnosis, with special attention to so-called red flags - symptoms that indicate possible dangerous disorders.
Structural differentiation and diagnosis
The most important part of the osteopathic consultancy approach is to identify the already specific structure with dysfunction (often reversible). That is, it is no longer just "some nerve is pinched", but the ulnar nerve in the cubital canal, or reflected myofascial pain in the arm from the scapular infraspinatus muscle, or fascial restriction in the lumbar extensors, or functional blockage of the right sacroiliac joint, etc. It is the diagnosis that is the key part that makes consulting an osteopath online such a worthwhile endeavor.
For the whole body
- For posture. Assessment of existing imbalances, and basic recommendations for ergonomics and posture-improving exercises. Or an additional, more detailed program to test weakened and shortened muscles and then correct them.
- Stress control. Also, some general recommendations or a deeper and longer program of teaching relaxation techniques. Here, too, are techniques for improving the vagus nerve system and the autonomic nervous system in general.
- Other recommendations. Individualized advice based on the results of the consultation. Can be as very specific found violations on the elimination of long-term harmful factors. So and more general, for example, on the ergonomics of the workplace, the desirability of consulting another narrow specialist, etc.
For found dysfunctionsThese are techniques selected on the basis of previous tests, which are already tissue-specific, for a particular joint, muscle, fascia or nerve. They are accompanied by detailed instructions and illustrations, if possible also by a video. Conventionally, all techniques can be divided into movement, massage and combination techniques. As an additional and supportive method, it is often possible to use taping, the techniques of imposition of which are also specific to the dysfunction.
- Articular. A variety of mobilization techniques - improving joint mobility.
- Muscular. Special attention to myofascial pain and dysfunction.
- Fascial. Improvement of fascial mobility in areas prone to fascial tissues. Also, retrieval and correction along fascial chains of distant but directly related mobility restrictions.
- For nerve tissues. Improving the mobility of peripheral nerves and reducing their compression in narrow passages - tunnels.
Adjustment of the planEvaluating progress over time and making adjustments to the treatment plan. The time frame for assessing results varies greatly from dysfunction to dysfunction, some as soon as a couple days and some over a month, but in most cases it is a week or two.
Prevention measuresIn the same way, by eliminating the main disturbing disorders, it is possible to go deeper into the search for asymptomatic dormant dysfunctions, which nevertheless have a negative impact on the surrounding tissues and well-being in general. As an example, already mentioned above:
- Correcting imbalanced weakened or shortened muscles
- Teaching the most effective relaxation techniques
Pass the quick medical red flags test
Osteopathy online vs offline
What I'm offering, an appointment for a consultation 🔥
Write in watsapp, there we will clarify the variant, time of video consultation and/or you will receive a link to the questionnaire.
In the future you will only need a Google account and will use their convenient services Forms (questionnaire), Docs (materials with recommendations), Meet (video call, we can choose other options).
Write on Telegram
New on Instagram:
The Bible of the sports medicine— Остеопатия, мануальная терапия и кинезиология (@DocTafi) October 3, 2023
That's what this book is sometimes called in the English-speaking world. A thousand-page, two-kilogram weight, a veritable treasure trove of wisdom. Highly recommended. 👌
One reading is definitely not enough, sometimes you need to reread it. pic.twitter.com/GxWzpf4zDk